Who are we?
National Education Institute Slovenia is the main national research, development and consultancy institution in the field of pre-school, primary and general secondary education.
What do we aim for?
- To improve the knowledge and achievements
- To improve the results of learning and teaching
- To improve the quality of life-long learning
What do we do?
- Prepare expert documents
- Set up system conditions
- Develop quality education
- Encourage and support professional development
- Monitor and evaluate novelties
- Develop good school practice together with kindergartens and schools
- Collaborate internationally
- Cooperate with Slovenian teachers and headmasters abroad
- Perform other tasks in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport
How do we do it?
- Professional development: study meetings, consultancies, theme conferences, seminars, e-workshops …
- Professional solutions: syllabi and subject-related didactics, testing in teaching practice …
- #Exploratorium: monthly topics, creative discussions, tweeting …
- Projects: national, international, innovative, developmental …
- Publishing: monographs, reference books, textbooks, magazines …
- International cooperation: Erasmus+, Slovenes abroad, organizations and networks …